Monday, January 5, 2009

Hallelujah

Luang Prabang, Laos. Written Monday, Jan. 5.

as they say. :)

Things are as well as they can be. My grandfather has stabilized but is still unconscious, so if I get to HI as scheduled (Jan. 8), then there's a good chance I'll get to be with him while he's still alive. I've got a ticket to Honolulu leaving Bangkok on Jan. 8 and will be there till Jan. 13. Am sad, very sad, to cut things short here--I don't feel finished--but it'll be worth it. Laos will probably be here much longer than Gung Gung, and I want to say goodbye.

Thanks so much to everyone who's written about my current situation and the trip/blog. It's been so encouraging to come to those emails. Sorry I don't have time to write back individually, but wanted you all to know things are well here. Luang Prabang is AMAZING by the way. The best city by far that I've had a chance to visit. A fantastic vibe with all this French colonial architecture and great food. And veeery laid back. Walked along the riverside yesterday and saw kids frolicking and diving into the water. Pretty cool. Today visiting the local wats. Now off to schedule my ticket back to Bangkok. Will try to put up some pics tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment