In Pakse, I mean. Finished most of my adventures around the less frequented and developed southern part of Laos. (The capital and big cities are up north and up next for my trip. )
On steps up to the Bun Wat Phu Champasak
This past week was really rich. Met great people and had some pretty wacky adventures. From waking up to an elephant outside my window to singing along with a German playing the song Country Road (that's right, as in West Virginia) on a ukelele on New Year's Eve, it was sort of surreal.
Ironically, no one really knew I exited the online world for a week 'cause my Christmas/New Year's email and blog announcement must not have gone through. maaaaaaaaan. I spent FOUR hours trying to get that up before I left. Ah, well. Just know that I was thinking of you all bunches and bunches and really wanted you to hear that from me in a timely fashion.
More on my weird New Year's Eve in Don Khone when I get back on Jan. 3 from a moto trip up to the Bolavan Plateau famous for coffee farms, waterfalls, and an overall great view. If all goes according to plan, I'll be riding a motorbike up there for the night (actually, I think I'll be driving a rented motorbike, so, uh, pray for me) and staying in Tat Lo (a spot in the plateau) about 90 km from Pakse. Then back here to Pakse and on Jan. 4th, I fly to the Laotian capital, Vientiane for some more Wat time.
No comments:
Post a Comment